There are times when you want something masaledar..and brimming with all the veggies you love with of course paneer yummm..i always land up making this. It is also a great way to throw in leftover veggies or when you have just 1 carrot..handful of beans..1 potato....(u get it..) on hand.
Again... with the weather getting cooler..i start to crave all things bad (i will blame everything and everyone except my lack of self control)..i make this spicy sabji..which i love.
The recipe is super easy and as usual..add..subtract or delete what u want..
Mixed veggies - 3 cups (diced medium) i used carrots,cauliflower,peas and beans
Paneer - 1 cup (diced)
Onions - 1 medium (diced)( yep....this deserves an entry for itself)
Green chilly -4
Garlic - 4 pods
Ginger - 2"
Cinnamom - 1/2 stick
Coconut - 1/4 cup (grated)
Pine Nuts - 2 tbls ( can use almonds or cashews)
Red Chilly powder - 1 tsp.
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Jeera - 1 tsp.
Oil - 1 tbls (3 tsp)
Salt to taste
1. Pan fry the paneer without oil and when browned..take them out on a plate and keep it aside.
2. Add 2 tsp of oil to the pan and fry the garlic,ginger,green chilly cinnamon,cloves,cardamom,onions,coconut,pine nuts,red chilly powder and 1/2 tsp of salt. When the onions start to brown..put this in a mixer and make a smooth paste..adding the yogurt in this (do not add any water)
3. Meanwhile..boil all the vegetables with reqd. salt and drain the water out.
4. In a pan, add 1 tsp of oil, add the jeera, then add the ground masala and cook on low flame for 5 mts, then add the veggies, reqd.salt and cook it for a couple more minutes. Check for consistency now.
5. When you like the consistency,add the paneer..give a good stir and take it out of the flame.
6. Now go ahead...eat it up..tastes great with rotis and bread.
1. You can totally omit the nuts..instead add poppy seeds
2. Adding tomato paste would be yummy..but i wanted the kurma to be white.
3. Instead of yogurt..u can add milk,soy-milk or cream!??