Paneer marinating in spices
I love paneer and i think yogurt and paneer are the only things that keep me away from becoming a vegan tomorrow! This is a easy and quick recipe and can be had straight-up as a snack or even in the evening after a long day of doing nothing ;) with some beer or my favorite margaritas (yummy!). I actually decided to make this when i was hungry one evening and wanted something substantial but high in protein. I chanced upon the half block of paneer in my fridge and just went ahead with it.It was really good with a good squirt of lime on top.
I am submitting this to 'Think Spice' monthly event which is started by Sunita of
So without any more delay... here is the recipe.
Paneer - 200 gms ( 1/2 a big block)
Garlic- 1 pod, crushed
Olive oil - 1 tsp (yes... just 1:)
Red Chilli Powder -1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder -1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder -1/2 tsp
Chat Masala - 1/4 tsp
Salt- 1/4 tsp ( as chat masala has quite a lot)
Kasoori Methi - 1 tsp
Cumin (whole) - 1 tsp
1. Cut paneer in chunky cubes and keep aside.
2. Crush or finely chop the garlic.
3. Take a ziplock, put in all the ingredients except the paneer and shake well.
4. Add the paneer blocks to the above marinade, jiggle the packet well so that the spices coat, you have to work on the coating as there is very little oil. Let the marinated panner rest for 15-20 mts.
5. Heat a griddle pan in medium high heat and add the paneer to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes on both sides, till lightly brown.
6. Done! now sprinkle the juice of half a lime to this and you have a snack ready!
In hindsight, i would also add slivered onions with the lemons at the end, i think it would taste really good.