I scream, You scream, we all scream for .... pasta!!! huh??
He he ... gotcha guys, i hope many of you are smiling in appreciation for that dish... c'mon, who does not like pasta...
Anyway, i am so happy that mallu girl of
Malabar Spices decided to extend the deadline of the Summer Express Cooking Event to Aug.20th, so busy folks like me (read lazy) can catch up.
I made this yesterday night for dinner and seriously when i finished cooking i realised it took me about 20-25 minutes, so i was kicking myself real hard to miss this event. But, after knowing today that the deadline has been extended.... i feel all that emotion i had yesterday seems such a waste..
Anyway enough of my rambling... here is the easy recipe.
Spagetti - 2 servings (as per the box)
Tomatoes: 4, diced
Red Bell Pepper : 1, diced (use any color you want)
Green Pepper : 1/2 thinly sliced
Onions - 1 small, thinly sliced
Garlic - 3 cloves, roughtly chopped
Capers - 2 tbls, drained
Rosemary - 1 woody stalk (you can sub with 1/2 tsp. of dry resemary)
Olive Oil - 3tbls
Brown Sugar/Cane Sugar - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt and Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Flakes -1 tsp ( i like it spicceey)
Feta Cheese - 1/2 a small roll (if you are a vegetarian, make sure it is made of vegetarian rennet)
1. In a pot, bring water to a boil, add salt and spagetti and cook as per package directions. Cook till al-dente, drain and keep aside.
2. Slice, Dice all the veggies on a large cutting board and keep ready ( this will not take more that 5 minutes maximum, as there are not too many veggies.(you can use frozen too).
3. While the pasta is cooking, add 2 tbls of oil to a large pan (speeds up cooking), add the garlic and onions and cook on medium flame for 5 mts for good carmalization. Add 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar to speed up the process.
4. Then add the rosemary,tomatoes and the pepper with 1/2 tsp. of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper,1 tsp red chilly flakes and cook for 5 mts, till the tomatoes release the juices and the peppers are cooked, but have a bite.
5. Now add the capers, drained pasta and the remaining 1 tbls. of olive oil.
6. Toss the pasta well in the sauce and transfer to a big bowl. Break up the feta cheese on top and ....what! eat sweetheart.. eat!!
The feta melts slowly in the pasta making it really creamy as you eat.