I hate eggs and have never eaten them in anything other than cakes and other such goodies. Then on my last birthday, i felt instead of buying things for myself ( as i keep doing that all the time), i will try to better myself and do things i feel strongly about. So, i decided to quit being a hypocrite and give up on eggs alltogether.
This tofu scramble is really delicious and keeps you full for a long time.
Here is the recipe:
Tofu -1/2 block (i use the extra firm ones)
Olive Oil - 1tbls
Jeera - 1 tsp.
Green Chilli - 1
Garlic- 1 pod
Onions - 1/2 small
Red and Bell Pepper - 1/4 each
Carrots - 6 baby ones
Cilantro - a few sprigs
Salt- to taste
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilly Powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Flax Seeds - 1 tsp.
Nutritional Yeast - 1 tbls (i got this in whole foods, you will get this in any health store)
1.Squeeze the tofu gently and extract as much water as you can. Now scramble this and keep aside.
2. Thinly dice the green chillies and onions. Chop the carrots and peppers into bite size pcs and keep aside.
3.In a pan, add the oil, then jeera. Now add the green chilly and onions and fry till soft.
4. Add the peppers and carrots and cook on medium heat till done.
5. Now add the flax seeds, salt, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, mix it well and add the scrambled tofu.
6. Cook this for 5 minuted in mnedium heat stirring occasionally. Now chop cilantro and incorporate it in the tofu.
7. In the end, add the nutritional yeast, mix it well, switch off the gas and serve.
The tofu taste best when hot. I served it with some tamarind chutney.
To know more about nutritional yeast, you can look