Sour Cherry Cobbler
I live in Michigan and we have sour cherry grown in abundance. I went to whole foods the other day and i saw mounds of these grown by local farmers.. so i went ahead and got lots of them to snack on and make this cobbler. To be honest i was not a great fan of pitting them tho.. that was a royal pain..
For the cobbler you need:
Cherry - 2 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup
All purpose flour - 1 tbls
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp. (optional..i love cardamom)
Cobbler Part? :
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Unsalted butter - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup (this event is sugar high fridays right ;)
Milk - 8 oz (i used 1% organic milk)- can sub with soy too
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Melt the butter in a pan. Add in flour,baking powder,sugar, milk and whisk to a smooth batter.
3. Mix the cherries,sugar,flour and cardamom powder lightly.
4. Pour the batter in 4 individual serving dishes (i used mini loaf pans - actually they were not too mini!), and spooned the cherries on top.
5. Bake for 50 minutes and when it cools down serve it with ice-cream if you want to go nuts!
This is my entry to Sugar High Fridays hosted by
Johanna who blogs at the passionate cook.