One more view...
Noodles.. my go to dish when i am lazy to make anything. It is so easy to make .. a lil bit of this.. a dash of that.. tons of this.. and it is ready..
I think me wanting to make this dish came in after i saw ina garten showing some cold noodle dish in her show. Of-course her being the contessa of all things fatty.. she just went about her dish with just this and that.. translate as lots of fat and lots of fat.. i like her tho.. she seems friendly
Here is the recipe, as usual can be modified and u can add or take out stuff u don't like.. but the way i make is the best ;) he he
2 fistfuls of fettucine (actually udon would be better)
salt- 1 tsp
2 cups of veggies combined (i put carrots,snow peas,edamame)
1/2 onion - thinly sliced
4 pods garlic - crushed
1/2 inch ginger- cut in small pcs
2 green chillied - cut in small pcs
sesame oil - 1 tsp
vegan bullion - 1 (i used the salt free-organic)
4 tbls of water
Peanut butter - 2 tbls (i used natural-chunky)
Tamari -2 tbls (can sub with soy sauce)
Red Chilly sauce - 1 tbls
Green Chilly Sauce -1 tbls
Rice wine vinegar - 1 tbls ( use any vinegar on hand)
2 tbls of water
1. Cook the fettucine on lots of water and salt,drain and keep aside.
2. In a huge saucepan/wok heat the oil, when it starts to smoke ( u see some wisps of smoke), add in the garlic,ginger,g.chilly and the onions and fry for a couple of minutes. Add in the veggies, and the bullion cube (crush it between ur fingers). Saute this in med-high heat and keep adding tbls of water as needed, do not add oil as the peanut-butter has enough already!
3. In a bowl whisk all the ingredients for the sauce and keep aside.
4. When the veggies are cooked to crisp tender, add in the fettucine and give it a good mix. Whisk the dressing once more in the bowl and add to the fetuccine and toss it well.
5. Serve this hot.. if it cools down, the fettucine keeps absorbing the sauce.