I love Winter..honestly..then followed with Fall then Spring and then really i don't like it..but it just falls in place...yep! talking about Summer. And now that Spring is upon us..i can see all my neighbours scurrying around..planting flowers, veggies...going insane with the mower and just making that darn yard beautiful. Now..usually this does not bother me much..because by nature i am really indifferent to what others do...but this year my front yard is horrible. It was never a sight to behold..but this time it has taken itself personally to the next level. I think i have got weeds enough to fill 10 lawns..so instead of flowers on the flower bed..i got weed people..and nope..this is the garden variety ...pesty crap..don't go get crappy ideas..sheesh!. So i have this Monday chalked out to pull the weeds out...and keep it clean. Nope..i am not planting any flowers..it will look barren..but it will be neat and that is enough for me. Now..you may think Monday!..why did she choose that day? Well..on Monday i officially do not workout..yesssr..it is my official break day...the other days...i pretend that i need to workout..but postpone things long enough to make it late and do a miserly 15 mts or postpone it to the next day with a solemn promise that i will get it done by am!..yeah! i can see that working out (roll eyes)
Anyway...warm weather calls for a cool and refreshing desert and i know there is a million Shrikhand floating around..well...here goes one more to the list. I wanted to make it low fat...and please sub low fat stuff to 'normal' counterparts if you are those lucky chicks who do not have hippa-hips ;)
Btw....L&L stands for Lite and Luscious ;)
1. Fat free yogurt - 1/2 carton
2. Fat free sour cream - 2 tbls (for a bit of tang)
3. Part skim ricotta cheese - 1/2 cup
4. Splenda - 1 cup,i used 1.5 cups..because the dude loves insane level of sweet
5. Cardamom - 1/2 tsp.
6. Almonds - 20
1. Strain the yogurt,sour cream and ricotta in a mesh strainer lined with paper towels in the fridge for 4-6 hours. Place a paper towel on them then place a plate with some cans of beans on top of the yog-sour-rico mix to weigh it down.
2. Mix the splenda and the cardamom and keep aside.
3. Take the strained yog-sour-rico mix..add the splenda-cardamom to it and mix it gently...till well incorporated.
4. Refrigerate till you are ready to eat.
5. Before serving..you can top it with some nuts..i had almonds that day...so it was the lucky winner...personally...pistacios would be better.
1. If you get fat-free ricotta..u can use that in place of part-skim.
2. I like using splenda in cool desserts...feel free to sub for sugar....
This is off to Easycrafts who is so sweet to let me post this really really late entry. She is hosting this month's Think Spice event that was started by Sunita .