When i was a kid when i wanted to do something which my mom did not want me to..her answer would be....do this in 'your' home...how rude huh!!..when i wanted a puppy..i got this answer..when i wanted to enter the puja-room when i had my periods (gasp!)..i got this answer....so now when i have my 'own' home ;D..i have added another set of rules. I only cook what we both like..so i refuse to make something that only jeeves likes...but i do at-times make something i like..coz afterall i am the person cooking it ;). But..these rules have taken a toss when i am watching what i eat...i prefer to make things that he likes and i don't..this keeps me away from sampling the no-no food. So..in my kitchen..mushrooms..brinjal..okra and arbi are the kings..atleast for a few months.
For the MBP i decided to make mushroom soup and i got it from a good
buddy's blog. i love her blog..coz the food looks delicious..and i have tried few of her recipes and they were awesome. I also like that there is no fancy ingredients...and are recipes that i usually would make in my kitchen too. I did make some changes...so will be writing the recipe here..but for her recipe..you can go
Cream of Mushroom Soup:
Mushrooms (shitaki) - 1 pack (i used frozen organic ones)
Garlic: 1 pod
Water: 12 oz
Veg Bullion cube: 1
Butter: 2 tbls
Onion: 1/2 cup, diced
Red chilli flakes: 1 tsp.
Heavy Cream: 12 oz
Rosemary: 1 tsp. (dried)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, add the butter and when it melts add the onions,garlic with salt,red-chilli flakes,rosemary,pepper and saute till the onions are soft.
2. Add the mushrooms in and cook till the water evaporates (coz i used frozen) and then add the water and veg. bullion and cook in medium flame for 20 minutes.
3. Cool this mixture down and blend with with heavy cream to a smooth texture.
4. Return this to the pan and simmer till the soup is heated through.
5. Ladle the soup to a bowl and sprinkle with herbs...i used dried chives...
I think having a hand blender would make my life so much easier...i know sig, tbc, richa..after buggin u chicks for reco....i still did not buy it..i am going to buy it soon..
This is off to:
Raaga of The Singing Chef who is hosting MBP-Soups and Salads .
Madhuram of Eggless Cooking who is hosting Your recipe rocks series .