I started liking papaya around my 6th class and till then when my amma cut a papaya and wanted me to try...i usually ran from the scene. I had never really tasted papaya..but i just had decided that it would taste bad..so the change came about when papaya trees started to grow in our backyard. i think there is something in the fruits and veggies that grow in our property..there seems to be an additional sentiment and pride attached to them which makes them all the more delicious!
I was lucky to get these papayas at the Fruit and Veggie market i go to at-times. I saw that there were just a few papayas there...and i made a bee-line for them so that they do not run out, coz i wanted to participate in the event.
Here is a super easy and simple smoothie and you can easily substitute any juicy fruit for this.
Ripe papaya - 1 cup (diced)
Vanilla Soy milk - 1 cup (8 oz.)
Honey - 1 tsp. (can use sugar too)
Protein Powder - 1 tsp. (optional)- i used vanilla flavor
1. Dice the papaya, place in a zip-lock bag and freeze it for about 4-5 hours.
2. In a blender, add the milk,papaya,protein powder and honey and run the blender on high for a few minutes.
3. When done..drink this up or do what i did..freeze a portion of it and eat it like a slushy.
1. People who do not like the papaya smell..will not get even a hint of it..due to the vanilla.
2. You can sub plain soy milk or just milk for this.
3. Protein powder adds an extra boost of protein and keeps you full longer..but this can be easily ommited.
This is off to Nags who blogs at For the cook in me and who is hosting AFAM- Papaya .
I am also including this entry for the WBB- Soy which is currently hosted by me..
Just a heads-up...The last day for submission to WBB-Soy is tomorrow.