Wednesday

Papaya Soy Smoothie

I started liking papaya around my 6th class and till then when my amma cut a papaya and wanted me to try...i usually ran from the scene. I had never really tasted papaya..but i just had decided that it would taste bad..so the change came about when papaya trees started to grow in our backyard. i think there is something in the fruits and veggies that grow in our property..there seems to be an additional sentiment and pride attached to them which makes them all the more delicious!

I was lucky to get these papayas at the Fruit and Veggie market i go to at-times. I saw that there were just a few papayas there...and i made a bee-line for them so that they do not run out, coz i wanted to participate in the event.

Here is a super easy and simple smoothie and you can easily substitute any juicy fruit for this.



Ingredients:

Ripe papaya - 1 cup (diced)
Vanilla Soy milk - 1 cup (8 oz.)
Honey - 1 tsp. (can use sugar too)
Protein Powder - 1 tsp. (optional)- i used vanilla flavor

Method:

1. Dice the papaya, place in a zip-lock bag and freeze it for about 4-5 hours.

2. In a blender, add the milk,papaya,protein powder and honey and run the blender on high for a few minutes.

3. When done..drink this up or do what i did..freeze a portion of it and eat it like a slushy.

Note:

1. People who do not like the papaya smell..will not get even a hint of it..due to the vanilla.

2. You can sub plain soy milk or just milk for this.

3. Protein powder adds an extra boost of protein and keeps you full longer..but this can be easily ommited.

This is off to Nags who blogs at For the cook in me and who is hosting AFAM- Papaya .
I am also including this entry for the WBB- Soy which is currently hosted by me..

Just a heads-up...The last day for submission to WBB-Soy is tomorrow.

32 comments:

Mythreyee said...

It's a wonderful protein boost. Thanks for the recipe. I like the combo.

Dhivya said...

Hi rajitha...nice idea..Thanks for dropping by.....i bought Puff pastry sheets .Will surely try

Namratha said...

Papaya and Soy, girl that's two in one!! I bet it tasted gr8:)

Cynthia said...

This is power drink girl!

Sagari said...

thats a yummy and heathy smoothi

Seema said...

Wow! what a perfect & nutritious drink. A tasty & healthy one.. great one Rajitha!!

Anonymous said...

I love drinks like these with soy milk. I usually do with blueberries which is my favorite or with mango and banana. I have it every alternate days.

Seena said...

Oh, you made it....??
I didn't make any thing for these two events and both papaya and soya milk are waiting for me.. :D

DK said...

Papaya and soy MilK! umm...thats one experiment I must make. Bookmarked :)

Rajesh &Shankari said...

super idea- combined soy & papaya!

Jayashree said...

Wow Rajitha!!! you've made that drink super duper healthy with the protein powder and soy milk thrown in.

Sia said...

refreshing one for sure... and packed with nutrition too. no one is gonna complain;)

FH said...

Two in one!! So cool , literally!:)

Richa said...

yummm, papaya my fav :)
u on a soy-fying' spree ;)

Laavanya said...

I'm still not a big fan of papayas and the very first thing that put me off was their abundance. They grew like weeds in our backyard. The smoothie does sound delicious.. maybe I'll substitute some other fruit. How are those protein powders? I've been meaning to try some but was unsure.

TBC said...

I have only three words for ya...I HATE PAPAYA. I want to say something nice too so...I like ur glass??;-)

Finla said...

Healthy drink.

Kribha said...

so cool Rajitha. It's so healthy and refreshing.

Sig said...

Tofu I have conquered the fear... next step is soy milk... :) Adding papaya sure will help the cause...

FH said...

Rajitha, blogger is a pain since Y'day, gave me lot of trouble too. Thanks for your patience, some days are tough to leave comments!:))

remya said...

wow!!! i love smoothie...soy n papaya sounds cool....healthy drink..

EC said...

Wow...excellent idea and tempting drink

Uma said...

looks unresistable. I love milkshakes. I shall try your version. Thanks.

Lavanya Raj said...

protein rich drink. nice idea rajitha.

Red Chillies said...

Like you I am not a huge fan of Papaya... even now! I run away from the scene and never turn around. But I like soy milk and loved your idea of making shake. Where do you get protein powder?

DEEPA said...

quite healthy and nutritious one ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Rajitha- thanks for stopping by!
Soy as theme is a great idea! Waiting for the round-up!!

Bharathy said...

Rajitha!..You are a Clever girl!(should I state the reason here?;):)

AnuSriram said...

Nice recipe to try rajitha.... Looks delicious..

Poonam said...

Rajitha, what a terrific energy booster..

Pooja said...

Seems like blog events are making us more innovative with cooking :) . thats a lovely idea of papaya with soy :)

Rajitha said...

Girls...thnks for your comments..just had been busy for a few days..so was unable to respond to each of you individually....