I do not think i have any quirks....i think they are known as having a personality..a unique one albeit...but to call them quirks in my opinion would be taking it to far. When my buddy Raaga tagged me to bare 6 quirks of mine...i thought why not lay it out...so that everybody can let me know...it is true..i am not quirky (people..this is what i want to hear...)
1. I talk to myself. Actually i should say i HAVE to talk to myself everyday. If we have too many guests or i have too much going on..i excuse myself..go to the bathroom and talk to myself for an easy 10-15 minutes. I need that 'me' time with 'me'. Usually the talk is not some problem solving high funda talk...actually it is usually mundane crap...sometimes fantasy!!...but i need a mirror and i need to talk to me.
2. I am an night owl. I actually have 3 blocks of times that i get sleep..one is around 11:30..the next is around 1:00..the last chance is 2:30...if i miss any of them...i do not sleep the whole night. I can function normally the next day despite of no sleep...but i pretend to be tired..no marks for guessing why!! I usually do a night-out every month...i really like it actually.
3. I am extremely reserved in person. I talk a lot over the phone and also get to an easy repartee online...but when i meet in person..i am tongue-tied for easily half an hour to an hour. I think if i meet my blog buddies i may open up in half an hour..but when it is strangers or worse co-workers..it takes me forever to open up. In my first job it took me 6 months to open up to people...it is a different story that those guys were begging me to go back to my shy self a year later :D
4. I get very irritated when things are color co-ordinated. It drives me nuts when all things match (except on kids)...you know..ur purse and stuff matching..or ur curtains matching your decor..it makes me very annoyed..i really don't now why...but i get a lil snippy!
5. I hate...really hate caves. I always feel that the rocks are going to fall in..the cave entrance will be shut and we will suffocate and die. I have no problems with death to be honest..i just don't want to suffer.
6. I am quite messy by nature. Once in two months usually..i get into this habit of super-cleaning. I then for a week go ahead and make jeeves life miserable by stalking him around the house to make sure he keeps things in place 'neatly'..by that..as per my standards. After a week..it is hello! slob-world :).. But no matter how my home looks anytime..my sink is always spotless! I am obsessed with keeping my sink super clean and get really irritated if there is a cup lying there for more than 10 mts. I make sure to wash and clean my sink religiously everyday!
I would like to tag the following:
1. Laavanya ..you gotta have some quirks..i am dying to know..
2. Namratha ...the baker got to be a little nutsy right :D
3. Nags ...the new bride can let her hair loose here
4. TBC ..i am sure she has many...much more than 6..but it is a pity..she will not do it...i kinda know :(
5. Richa ...would love to know the nut in you!
6. Swati ...she should have plenty to share ;)
Hope you girls take it up..if you don't... i understand..just lack of plain good manners right!
The Meme rules --
Link the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules in your blog.
Describe 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs to inform them of having tagged them.
It was a few days back when Sia of the gorgeous blog Monsoon Spice announced MBP- street food and i thought damn...for me street food is chat!!..and i am not too fida on alu right now :(...then a few days back i saw a yummy Indonesian street food recipe in Veg news..got all excited and made that..only to realise it was an MBP!!...so here was my quest for a simple and easy recipe...totally fitting into my life-style and i stumbled on this .(The only change in my recipe was i substituted splenda for sugar.)What made it even more sweeter is that it has tamarind!! so another entry for the nicest...kindest...wonderfullest (not even a word..i know) person in the world..Ms.Sigma Sreedharan :) who is hosting JFI-Tamarind ..so see Sigma...here are 2 entries (total) for ur event and Sia..here is an entry for your MBP - Street food too...i am waiting to publish the soup recipe..waiting for some event to unload it for :D