Hmmmm..i have been mia..in my write up front but not in the eating part ;)...now how can i sustain without food...it would be like Rachel Ray without abbreviations...yeah! could not resist making that dig...i am still a meanie...that does not change with time!
I have to also say i am totally ashamed of not acknowledging my fellow bloggers for the awards they have bestowed on me. I truly appreciate it....i just have the memory of an amoeba (no discussion on this topic..ms. S the highly reputed one :D ).
Priya of Indian Khana has passed on the 'Blogging with a purpose' award...Thank you Priya...much appreciated....
JZ of Tasty Treats has passed me the Yum Yum award..Thanks for giving it to me..makes me feel good :)
Also Laavanya has tagged me for a book meme. Here are the rules
1. Pick up the nearest book
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5.Tag 5 people and acknowledge the person who tagged you.
And the honest gal i am ...i did pick up the book i was reading...and here it goes....may be boring..don't hate me for it....would be hard..i know :D
"Mentors are not necessarily people who make you feel good about yourself or tell you that you can do anything you want to do. Sometimes the best mentors provide tough love by being critical as a means of teaching. Kroger's Dave Dillion told the story of two contrasting mentors he had early in his career."
This excerpt is from "True North" by Bill George with Peter Sims. Jeeves had borrowed it from the library and liked it..so i am giving it a whirl..it is really good.
As for tagging...i think the whole blogging community has done it ;)
Here is a recipe i made somewhere in May..yeah...it has been patiently waiting in the drafts for me...like the tons of other things i am yet to do :D
PEA CHUTNEY ....maybe i should call it pea mash ;)
1. Peas - 1 frozen pack - the small one
2. Cherry Tomatoes - 425 gms (the small box you get)- halved
3. Red onion - 1 medium
4. Garlic - 4 pods
5. Green chillies - 2
6. Cumin - 1 tsp.
7. Oil - 1 tbls
8. Salt to taste
9. Red chilly - 1 tsp.
1. Boil the peas with a little salt and keep aside to cool. Drain the water....and if you are obsessed on healthy eating...you can reserve the water for soup or something...if you are normal ;)(kidding!!)...do this in the sink.
2. Heat oil in a wok..add the cumin..onions..garlic...green chillies...tomatoes and fry in medium heat for 15 minutes..till everything is cooked and mushy.
3. Add the salt (remem you added some to the peas when you were boiling it)..peas..red-chilly and cook for 5 minutes. The go ahead and mash it...now it is up to you..on how you want the texture...i like to have to some substance and body to it and not a smooth paste...also my arms were hurting ;)...so decided to put a stop to this :D
It was really yummy...would be great as a spread on bread.
This is so freakin easy....
1. Lentils - 1/2 cup each - i used - Moong...Toor...Red...Channa
2. Urad Dal - 1 cup (you need a lil more urad)
3. Red Chilly - 4
4. Cumin Seeds - 1 tbls
5. Salt to taste
1. Soak the dals with the red chilly and cumin seeds for 4-6 hours..you can soak more if you wish...but 4-6 hours are more than enough.
2. Grind to a smooth paste and add the required salt to it. I usually add the salt when i am grinding...makes like so much easier ;)
3. The batter is ready....now all you gotta do is make dosas.
I do hope i am more regular in visiting all the amazing sites....and maybe blogging too....