Thursday

Quirks and a Jal Jeera

I do not think i have any quirks....i think they are known as having a personality..a unique one albeit...but to call them quirks in my opinion would be taking it to far. When my buddy Raaga tagged me to bare 6 quirks of mine...i thought why not lay it out...so that everybody can let me know...it is true..i am not quirky (people..this is what i want to hear...)

1. I talk to myself. Actually i should say i HAVE to talk to myself everyday. If we have too many guests or i have too much going on..i excuse myself..go to the bathroom and talk to myself for an easy 10-15 minutes. I need that 'me' time with 'me'. Usually the talk is not some problem solving high funda talk...actually it is usually mundane crap...sometimes fantasy!!...but i need a mirror and i need to talk to me.

2. I am an night owl. I actually have 3 blocks of times that i get sleep..one is around 11:30..the next is around 1:00..the last chance is 2:30...if i miss any of them...i do not sleep the whole night. I can function normally the next day despite of no sleep...but i pretend to be tired..no marks for guessing why!! I usually do a night-out every month...i really like it actually.

3. I am extremely reserved in person. I talk a lot over the phone and also get to an easy repartee online...but when i meet in person..i am tongue-tied for easily half an hour to an hour. I think if i meet my blog buddies i may open up in half an hour..but when it is strangers or worse co-workers..it takes me forever to open up. In my first job it took me 6 months to open up to people...it is a different story that those guys were begging me to go back to my shy self a year later :D

4. I get very irritated when things are color co-ordinated. It drives me nuts when all things match (except on kids)...you know..ur purse and stuff matching..or ur curtains matching your decor..it makes me very annoyed..i really don't now why...but i get a lil snippy!

5. I hate...really hate caves. I always feel that the rocks are going to fall in..the cave entrance will be shut and we will suffocate and die. I have no problems with death to be honest..i just don't want to suffer.

6. I am quite messy by nature. Once in two months usually..i get into this habit of super-cleaning. I then for a week go ahead and make jeeves life miserable by stalking him around the house to make sure he keeps things in place 'neatly'..by that..as per my standards. After a week..it is hello! slob-world :).. But no matter how my home looks anytime..my sink is always spotless! I am obsessed with keeping my sink super clean and get really irritated if there is a cup lying there for more than 10 mts. I make sure to wash and clean my sink religiously everyday!

I would like to tag the following:

1. Laavanya ..you gotta have some quirks..i am dying to know..
2. Namratha ...the baker got to be a little nutsy right :D
3. Nags ...the new bride can let her hair loose here
4. TBC ..i am sure she has many...much more than 6..but it is a pity..she will not do it...i kinda know :(
5. Richa ...would love to know the nut in you!
6. Swati ...she should have plenty to share ;)

Hope you girls take it up..if you don't... i understand..just lack of plain good manners right!

The Meme rules --
Link the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules in your blog.
Describe 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs to inform them of having tagged them.



It was a few days back when Sia of the gorgeous blog Monsoon Spice announced MBP- street food and i thought damn...for me street food is chat!!..and i am not too fida on alu right now :(...then a few days back i saw a yummy Indonesian street food recipe in Veg news..got all excited and made that..only to realise it was an MBP!!...so here was my quest for a simple and easy recipe...totally fitting into my life-style and i stumbled on this .(The only change in my recipe was i substituted splenda for sugar.)What made it even more sweeter is that it has tamarind!! so another entry for the nicest...kindest...wonderfullest (not even a word..i know) person in the world..Ms.Sigma Sreedharan :) who is hosting JFI-Tamarind ..so see Sigma...here are 2 entries (total) for ur event and Sia..here is an entry for your MBP - Street food too...i am waiting to publish the soup recipe..waiting for some event to unload it for :D

41 comments:

FH said...

I hate to talk on the phone, can write miles and can talk to you in person but hate clingy people who hover nearby or get too nosy!!

Nice MeMe. Color co-ordinated? Man I hate that too! When we were kids, my parents used to travel to Madras(Fashion city at that time!) just to get clothes for us, they were the same color baba suits. My brother who is 4 yrs younger tham me and I wore the same suits in different sizes! Yikes!!:P

FH said...

Oh, Jal Jeera is yummy, wish I had some now. Just sat down after working like a dog since morning!:D

Kalai said...

Nice reading your meme, Raji. Jal jeera looks delicious!! :)

Laavanya said...

You are one quirky gal Rajitha! :) I am totally with you on not minding death as long as I don't suffer too much. Talking to yourself and blocks of time when you have to sleep - hilarious... :D You're so cute. I can't believe you are so reserved... since I've only spoken on the phone with you I guess I wouldn't know that side of you..
As for my quirks.. will try and get to it.. just not sure when....

Before i forget.. jaljeera looks great. Have never tasted/made it before. I'm all for tangy stuff so will give it a shot sometime.

Richa said...

in that case why did u coordinate ur curtains w/ the jal jeera...lol

me too claustrophobic, though i don't need to imagine a cave for that ;) nice to know ur nutty side! will do mine, but u know that by my post a month speed it may take a while :)

Shri said...

Intersting meme...It was nice reading about you..some was like reading abt me.Good jal too.s

Namratha said...

Hahaha, it was fun to know how "quirky" you are...yes yes I acknowledged that you are one! :P

I'm not inviting you home, everything is way too matched up here...hehe!

I think I need some 'me' time now to find out how quirky I am..lol

Devi Priya said...

I love this! Its my Fav.

Hetal said...

hey thats a nice meme to read..

Anonymous said...

Nice Entry. Looks very inviting and refreshing.

Unknown said...

nice drink..something new...good entries..

KALVA said...

Yumm.. Jaljeera just the name itself wtaers my mouth... Nice entry dear!

amna said...

Thanks a ton for tagging me Rajitha :D I love tags! will put this up on my personal blog :)

amna said...

its done, here you go :)

http://thewayialwayswas.blogspot.com/2008/06/this-time-i-was-actually-tagged-i-swear.html

Raaga said...

We are always commenting about girls who have time to colour coordinate everything... everyday... I know exactly what you mean.

Loved reading the other 5 too... we may have more in common than we know :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi raji,
u expressed urself so beautifully!
As i was reading ur QUIRKS,i felt as if someone is talking about me...u know what ,me too is clumsy generally ,but i get those "fits" of cleanliness which lasts for about a day or two,and its like shouting at evryone like hell about being messy during those times.My hubby really feels i need Psycho treatment during such spells..he he he....pour souls....

Jayashree said...

The jaljeera looks refreshingly nice...

Rachel said...

You are quirky indeed :D

I am with you for 5. I hate basement car parkings as well..kind of get the feeling that right when I'm driving in,,it is all going to cave in...

Sunshinemom said...

It is established that talking to oneself is healthy - so you are not quirky:) That juice looks nice - more like jal jeera? Good entry:)

sra said...

NO quirks, eh? What about hating it if someone doesn't dedicate themselves to you on G-chat? ;)

sra said...

Feel free not to publish the comment, btw

Swati Raman Garg said...

night outs.. yeah i love them... once in a month clealiness freak yeah :D i can relate so welll will do it soon buddy

Indian Khana said...

Lovely pic Rajitha...and the jar is so beautiful...

Unknown said...

wow.... fantastic entry.....looks nice and great click

TBC said...

Jal Jeera looks good and I like that jug. Where's it from?

You tagged me? U bad, bad girl...kyon pareshan karti hain? Sab kuch to bataya tha phone par!
I can sort of relate to what you say in no.3

Hmmm, color coordination bothers u, huh? I always have a sorta
"black is beautiful" theme going on where home decor is concerned. Good thing u don't live nearby.;-)

Sig said...

And you don't call these quirks? I always knew you were weird (in a nice way, of course :))... Color co-ordination drives you nuts?? If we ever meet, I am going to be sooo color co-ordinated head to toe, you are going to be toung tied for a whole hour... :) I can't believe you are reserved person though...:)

Thanks for one more delicious entry... And this is more like it, love those adjectives, suits me very well... :)

Andhra Flavors said...

Nice reading your meme. Jal jeera looks delicious!

Rajani Mani said...

spotless sink, slobby house - sounds like me Rajitha. But however clean the house maybe (it is clean occasionally) my recurring problem is the mess on my work table. How much ever I try my writing table can never lool, clean, organised and spotless. I get that from my father I s'pose - only hope my daughter doesn't take it from me. Been to pooh pooh as well - love the way you write and have so many questions bugging you! I like people who ask questions, infact I think its important to ask them. big hug,

Raaga said...

Here's something for you :-)

http://onlineraga.blogspot.com/2007/05/mango-king-of-fruits.html

the last conversation is of significance here

Cynthia said...

You had me laughing so hard (lol)

Bharathy said...

Rajitha, I was smiling all the while reading the comment in mine..and here goes the rest here!..
You are making my day!!...
Lovely drink in the jar...Haven't tried making Jaljira..will certainly try soon..

EC said...

I have laughing away all throughout ur post...very interesting to know about u...

Anonymous said...

Never made or had jal jeera, must give it a try.

Swati Raman Garg said...

heheheeee.... iam so so so happy that theres some one else who calls aunts by their name.. hehe.... :)same pinch ....hey whats ur mail id?

@the_whisk_affair said...

really enjoyed reading ur quirks, rajitha!! abt the neatness - slob thing, ditto here!! :-) right now we r going thru the "is everything being kept where it shud be" phase! :-)

Laavanya said...

Just read your comment on Sra's blog about the curd + rasam combination and I'm 100% with you. My dad found it disgusting when I did that but I told him that he has no idea what he's missing :)

Indian Khana said...

There is something for your in my blog....

@the_whisk_affair said...

hey rajitha, theres something for you on my blog! :-)

Rajitha said...

thnks for ur comments ladies...:)..sorry...i should reply to each of you i know...i promise next time i will....

Anonymous said...

Hi Rajitha, You are not quirky! ;)
Colour co-ordination? really? then you must get irritated pretty often cos i get comments like these do not match at all when I wear mix-n-match clothes!! :D lol!
Jal jeera looks yummy!

Beyond Curries said...

I'm ok with talking in person, but not talking over phone. I feel that I don't have anything to talk. The meme was very interesting Rajitha. I'm also going to try the jal jeera.